Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Cast On

Well 2011 is (was) going to the mark the year to learn to knit... BUT I could not wait...
I received a RAK book called stitch and bitch and I started reading , which in turn, fueled my wanting to knit even more so I picked up some knitting needles and gave it a try... So far I have learned a few things:
1) I'm a English style knitter
2) My grandmother taught me the knit stitch

So I know how to cast on, knit stitch, purl stitch and bind off.... Now just to prefect these stitches a bit more and then I'll attempt a easy pattern...
Here are some pictures of my first attempts

Picture one: my knit stitch


This 2nd picture is my purl stitches.. as you can see I got off track when the baby woke up from his nap and I set this down but I was quickly able to get back on track...

No comments:

Post a Comment